COVID Response Program
Only applicants who have received an invitation from the Fund may submit an application to this program. No other applications will be considered.
This funding cycle is intended to provide accelerated funding to organizations that fulfill the mission of The Aaron Copland Fund for Music in order to help address the economic impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
This funding program will replace the 2020 Supplemental Program cycle.
Applicants must have already received recent funding from the Fund.
Eligible applicants will receive a request for proposal (RFP) from the Fund. Only applicants that receive the RFP may apply for this funding cycle.
Not all previous grantees that meet the eligibility requirements will receive the RFP. However, if your organization has received recent funding, it is strongly advised that you check to ensure that your contact information is correct by logging into the web site as soon as possible and updating all your information if necessary, so that you receive any communication from the Fund.
Responding to the RFP does not guarantee receipt of a grant award in this funding cycle.
We regret that organizations who have never received a grant from the Fund through the Supplemental Program will not be eligible to apply for this funding cycle. Please refrain from creating a new account or inquiring about other grant programs at this time so that the Fund can prioritize its response to the current funding cycle.
The Fund will take the applicants’ recent grant history and the total amount of funding available into consideration when determining grant awards. Applicants do not need to request a particular amount of funding.
How to apply
If your organization receives the RFP, please log in to the web site and proceed to the open funding cycle by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page to begin the online application process. You may work on your proposal in stages but you must save it as you go along. It is not necessary to complete the application in one session.
You will need to update your account to reflect the most current information, if necessary:
- Contact information, including current e-mail address and preferred mailing address.
Please answer the following questions:
- Did you receive the RFP for this funding cycle?
- Have you ensured that your contact information on our web site is current?
- Please describe the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on your organization, and the nature of your organization’s response. (1500 characters or less)
- Do you intend to resume activity supporting contemporary American music in the upcoming concert season (September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021)?
- Please provide a brief summary of your organizational activities and/or intended repertoire (if applicable) for the upcoming season, particularly regarding contemporary American music. (1000 characters or less)
Application cycle and deadline
RFPs will be sent on or before September 16, 2020. The funding cycle will be open once RFPs have been sent.
Applications must be received by October 20, 2020 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Applicants will be notified of funding decisions in early November 2020.
Funds will be disbursed by the end of November 2020.
Please contact the Grants Manager prior to the time of application with any inquiries.
Updated September 8, 2020